Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Meet Maddie McPhail PCDC Member

It's exactly 10 days until Peridance Contemporary Dance Company goes on International Tour (Italy & Israel July 13-25). Meet one of the lovely lady PCDC members:

Maddie McPhail


List of favorite things:
-Dancing
-camping
-Traveling
-Exploring
-Rock n Roll
-Old movies
-Childhood memories
-Performing
-Creating
-Water sports
-The cold side of the pillow
-Laying in bed during thunderstorms
-Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you have so much more time to sleep.

First memory performing:
I must have been 5 or 6. I was a little sugarplum in Oregon Ballet's Nutcracker. My group went on stage and some of my peers weren't in their correct spots so I bossed them all around on stage. I'm glad people thought it was cute because looking back on it I'm super embarrassed and feel really bad.

Favorite snack:
Bananas with peanut butter

What is the song most played on your iPod?
I don't think I have one most played song- most played artist would probably be Led Zepplin though. Then Guns N Roses and Van Halen.

Where do you go/what do you do in New York when you have the day off?
When the weather is nice, I absolutely love being by the water. You can spend years walking around the city and never see all there is to see, so I like to go exploring. I like going to weird places, quiet little cafes, jazz clubs, etc.

Do you have any quotes/words that you live by?
"People will kill you over time, and how they'll kill you is with tiny, harmless phrases, like: "be realistic.""

"The work you do while you procrastinate is probably the work you should be doing for the rest of your life."

"Wherever and whenever you go, leave a gift."

What is your favorite thing about PCDC?
My favorite thing about the company is the true sense of family we have with each other. Coming into the studio everyday, having to be so raw and vulnerable, you get the chance to really see who those people are. Sharing such a deep passion for the same thing and getting to do it amongst these incredible people, you create a bond. I have so much love and respect for each of them and I'll be forever grateful and humbled by them.

What are you most excited for with PCDC this summer?
The tour to Italy and Israel, of course! Firstly, I've never been to either place so that's very exciting. I also can't wait to perform in new venues, with new people and new experiences.

For Tour Highlights & Ticket Information, visit the Peridance Contemporary Dance Company event on Facebook.


No comments: