Thursday, August 2, 2012

Hello from the new Peridance Blogger

Well, 2 weeks in to working at Peridance Capezio Center, I think that now might be the appropriate time to introduce myself. My name is Sofia Strempek and I am new on staff at Peridance. I'm going to be taking over the blog, updating it as much as possible with anything and everything exciting happening at Peridance!

I've written for my college newspaper's Arts Section, am published in Salt Lake City's dance journal loveDANCEmore and kind of love everything about dance (Saba's intro Modern class outside the office is making me smile so much right now! Those students are so amazing to watch move so bravely and with such emotion, when they have hardly ever danced before!). I majored in Modern Dance at the University of Utah, moved to New York the day after, and 2 months later I'm here. And I'm sooo excited to be working at Peridance.

I want this blog to be as interactive as possible. I want you to let me know what you want to know about. I want you to tell me what's working, what's not working. This blog is for YOU! You want me to interview someone? Research something for you? I'm in. Let me know. You can always email me at peridanceny@gmail.com

Let's make this fun. First up- taking Sean Curran's amazing workshop. Look for some words on that experience later this week.


No comments: