Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Meet Micah Savin!

 THE BIO...

Micah Savin began training at the age of 17 in Carlsbad, California. He has received training from Muriel Maffre, Maurya Kerr, Augusta Moore, and Edouard Kouzmitch and trained at the Edge Performing Arts Center. He was accepted to California Institute of the Arts, where he refined his dancing to focus primarily on modern, contemporary, and ballet styles. He recently graduated from the Alonzo King Lines Ballet Training Program. Micah has performed works by artists including with Greg Dawson, James Wallace, Laura Bernasconi, Carmen Rozestraten, Amanda Miller, LeeWei Chao, Sunny Chen, and Nathan Trice.



THE INTERVIEW...

Peridance Capezio Center What did you do over the summer?
Micah Savin I found myself traveling around the USA teaching Ballet. It has been so great to see so many of friends opening successful studios, and pursuing their love of teaching. While traveling, I took a risk and decided to move to New York City. Within a month, I was offered a job with Peridance. I was thrilled!

P.C.C What is your first memory of performing?
M.S I have been a performer my entire life! As a child, I would dress up in my sister's tutus and become the infamous Miss Michelle. Miss Michelle happened to be my first dance teacher.

P.C.C What is your favorite snack?
M.S Cider donuts dipped in tapioca pudding! It is absolute heaven.

P.C.C What songs are 'most played' on your ipod?
M.S "Blue Bicycle" by Hauschka, "You Oughta Know"by Alanis Morissette, "Our Song"by The XX.

P.C.C Where do you go/what do you do in New York when you have a day off?
M.S This past Summer, I found myself doing yoga in Central or Prospect Park. I feel like I can escape the world there. I am an admirer of rooftop adventures. On the colder days there isn't a better thing in the world than a nice bowl of Ramen.

P.C.C Do you have any favorite quotes/ words that you live by?
M.S “Live! Live the wonderful life that is in you! Let nothing be lost upon you. Be always searching for new sensations. Be afraid of nothing.” - The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde

“Prejudices, it is well known, are most difficult to eradicate from the heart whose soil has never been loosened or fertilised by education: they grow there, firm as weeds among stones.” Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

“There is nothing to writing. All you do is sit down at a typewriter and bleed.” -Ernest Hemingway

P.C.C A list of your favorite things (as many things as you can think of)!
M.S Foggy mornings. Books in bed. Saturday morning cartoons. Funky friends. Cup of JOE. Anime. My Mom. John Varvatos. Fattening pastries. Iron&Wine. Pregnant women in Lululemon. Silent cackles. Smiling.

P.C.C What is your favorite thing about Peridance Contemporary Dance Company?
M.S Every morning I am so excited to work with such a patient and passionate man as Igal. He inspires me to push myself, while at the same time acknowledge the talent and beauty I possess. Coming into this company I admire the unique artistic voices of the company members. Igal's perception of beauty is one of his strongest attributes as an Artistic Director.

No comments: